Hey! I'm Emily... homebody, amateur philosopher, professional photographer, mama and wife. This is my little world-- a place for me to preserve the little snippets of my life that bring me joy, make me think, or show my creative leanings. I'm so happy you're here. If you get a minute, please introduce yourself in the comments. If you like what you see, you are invited to follow my blog through your RSS Reader. Just click the link at the bottom of the page to add me.
Thank you for being part of my little world... :)

{scroll down to see posts}


Me:

Me:

Monday, August 24

Wildly Creative | St. Louis Senior Portrait Photographer | (Sort of!)

Note: I am taking a bit of a hiatus for the next week or two... So during this break, instead of current events from my own life, I am going to be blogging sessions from this Spring/Summer busy season I simply have never been able to catch up on. I hope when I return full-force, I'll be back in the zone and able to be my usual optimistic, over-analytical, zany, life-loving self. Til then, enjoy an overload of images. And please still comment, if you feel so inspired. I totally admit to checking my email for comments. I'm a validation junkie that-a-way. Ha!

Catch-Up Session
This is Jewlia, a former student of mine, and a wildly creative and inspired soul. She had an unconventional senior year, so she never got the photographs we always planned. So, a year later (which makes these Not Quite Senior Portraits), we got together to play and stretch the conventions and boundaries of a typical senior session. It became more of an "artist session"... Both she and I collaborating on wildly creative ideas.

This girl amazes me. I love when someone I was supposed to inspire instead inspires me.

Thanks, J. This was a perfect evening.










{psst... if you tell me YOUR favorites and why, I'll tell you mine...}

10 comments:

  1. easily one of my shoots you've ever done. You two were the perfect combo of photographer and subject.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its hard to pick a favorite - they're all terrific! What a fun girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn otf3:29 PM

    There are more than a few that I like.

    #6 I like the way she has her feet. Kinda playful and awkward at the same time. Makes me think her personality is like that.

    #10 I love the way you can make even a parking lot look cool. I also like the little smirk she has.

    #11 Love the brightness of the whole photo.

    #14 I like the perspective, composition, and the way her body fills the whole frame.

    #16 Love the use of complimentary colors. The green pops off the red and frames her face nicely.

    #17 Again her slightly awkward pose draws me in. It makes me feel like I "get" her. If that makes sense.

    Sorry for the novel.

    Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yellow balloons, red bar, green grass...the color just pops and is such an eye-catcher!

    Great job, Em!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Beth10:39 PM

    I'm sorry I can't leave a comment tonight. I'm too busy troweling a wall with mortar in order to paint a cloudscape on it. Then I'm going to find a yellow balloon and just stand there and look SMASHING!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is definitely one of my favorite shoots of yours! She's just adorable in every single photo. I thought my favorites were the ones with the old cameras - then I saw the ones with the balloon in front of the painted walls... those are my favorites. So much color, so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a great shoot! They are all great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love #1 to show off her interests, #6 because she looks completely adorable, and the color contrast in #16 is LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judie3:12 PM

    I could only dream of having style like that... she's adorable! And I can't just pick ONE so I pick them ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these shots- especially the vintage-style ones! Such a beautiful girl- I love how you can just make the natural beauty of any given person shine through in their portraits.

    ReplyDelete