Slider

Thank You.

Friday, February 29, 2008


For all your kind words of encouragement... For your prayers... For being my friends.


I've survived the first week. The first day was awful, but honestly, the subsequent days were nearly manageable. I feel rushed and overwhelmed most of the time, and I am DEAD tired by the last class of the day, but things are starting to flow and the day is starting to get a bit of a rhythm to it.


The good thing about being so busy and overwhelmed is that I really DON'T have time to miss my baby that much. That emotion only comes on strongly once I'm home with him and I begin to realize just how much I'm missing. No, during the actual workday, the hardest part is just figuring out how to mesh my two very different full-time jobs and retain some shred of sanity. Pumping at work, grading at home, living on 2.5 hour chunks of sleep-- it's preposterous, really. How will I emerge from this intact? How do people do it for years on end? I only have to worry about three more months. I couldn't FATHOM doing this for years, and adding more kids to the mix? No way. Three months, baby. I can make this work for three months.

So... Here I am. The weekend. There's my report. And my "Thank You" picture.

And here is an outtake.

(I'm all, "This isn't going to look good. Wait for the timer... Wait for it...C'mon, dang it. Let's get this shot over with so I can reposition myself better for the next one. Nice cheeze, Joe.")

Fun.

10 comments:

  1. I have been thinking of you all week. I'm sorry we haven't been able to connect, my week has been crammed up to the minute and then some.
    It sounds like you have the right perspective. Keep your head down and plow through the next 3 months at school. Heaven knows you'd rather be at home with your gorgeous men rather than dealing with someone else's uglies, right?
    I'm totally joking, but the laughter is the only thing that will make it any easier. Let them play garbage can horse, look the other way, and get the grades entered. You are almost done.
    Love to you in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great. I can't get my happy butt to school and there's certainly no baby here. Well, congrats on making it to the weekend. And get some sleep! lol I know you don't get much say in the matter but I'm hoping you can squeeze in a little extra! It's gotta be hard juggling the two, but at least, you know, you're amazing at both teaching and the whole family deal, so three months? You can do it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are spectacular! I love the red in the photos! You look gorgeous. I texted you the other night, not sure if it even went through. I really want to ask you about some old windows and the hooter hider thingy. Call me when you get a chance :) Oh and you are my hero! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you can do it! what did i figure out... i'm on 30 months of not sleeping through the night (except the one night parker teased us last week!)...you just somehow do it, I truly don't know how. b/c right now, as i type this at 4:07am, i'm tired and mad and sick of listening to screaming, but you still do it. i think you are brave and an amazing mom for getting through this! relax as much as you can this weekend and enjoy the weather today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. first, i love the outtake. and i think i prefer joe's crazy faces to that cheese that we got. but you look just like cute emily. but i can TOTALLY see your thoughts in that expression!! so funny. and i'm glad you got through. and isn't it nice to have that light at the end of the tunnel? you can do anything, as long as you can see the end. and take naps on the weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the picture. too cute. congrats on your first week. I knew you could do it :0) I can't even imagine only having 2 hours of sleep at a time so take the weekend and try to get a little extra sleep. I know you don't have much control over that with little Noah but it is worth a try. Have a great weekend and I'll see ya Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, girlly! I knew you would end the first week back with flying colors. Hey, I'm sure one of these days I'll be in the same boat, so I'm paying close attention to how it affects you. Steven & I think of you often, and we are praying for your strength to make it through these hard times. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. emily, hang in there--that is really tough. i went back to teaching dance part time (after a month an a half) and that was rough! i remember after about 2 months and the end of the year performance was through I was outa there! Now that Soren is older I really enjoy teaching dance so hang in there. . . The beginning is so hard and trying to find the balance as a mom is tough in itself. . . And everyone is differ and you're a wise one!

    PS. I liked you comment on my post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:51 AM

    Emily,

    I'm really proud of you. Just cherish those moments when you do get to be with your men. Your hair is adorable!!! I love you.

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cool picture. Can I grow up o be as cool as you?

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan