Slider

Ha! Avengers Assemble!

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Look what I just finished!

Photobucket 
The pattern is by Wee Little Stitches, and if you are any kind of pop culture fan at ALL, you have GOT to check out their shop on Etsy. They have cross-stitch series for SO many fun groups of people.... Harry Potter, Star Wars, The Breakfast Club, Ninja Turtles.... etc. etc. SO FUN!!

This one is the Marvel superhero team the Avengers, and sadly, Wee Little Stitches is not allowed to sell the pattern any longer because Marvel asked them to cease. But if you HAVE to have the pattern, email them and ask them how to work around that. *hint*

Well, Noah has made an OFFICIAL superhero/comic book fan out of me. He has me wrapped around his little finger and I ADORE catering to his passions. And Joe is THRILLED to see me asking more about the histories and stories of the likes of Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Wolverine, etc. It's like a dream come true for him. 

And what better way to mix Joe's and Noah's passions with my own creative leanings? A CROSS-STITCH of SUPERHEROES?

Too much. 

I adore it. 

It will get framed and hung in Noah's room. Or maybe my living room. :)

And it's been super relaxing to work on this a bit at a time for the past couple of months. In fact, today, my whole household is napping, and instead of diving headfirst into a nap of my own (one of my FAVORITE indulgences), I chose instead to relax with some DVR'ed shows and this. And FINISHED IT!

Yahoo!!

Okay. Just waiting for the trio to wake up so we can get bundled up and head out to shop for the family we adopted. I am so excited! It really feels like Christmas around here!

5 comments:

  1. Amazing!!! Well done, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super!!!! I just love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! Hope you had a great shopping excursion while you were at it (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just stumbled upon your blog via Pinterest and love it! I especially love your "Life in Less-Than-Perfect-Photos" post. I

    I just started my first Crazy Christmas Photo link party, and I would be honored if you would join it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:51 AM

    Wee Little Stitches are OK but there are other shops that sell great cross stitch patterns, like PixelPower, for example. I think that PixelPower even better than WLS:

    - they have way more patterns (in fact, they have A LOT of patterns) and add a new pattern almost every day;
    - their patterns cost less money and they have amazing sales, like 3 patterns for 10$ or 5 patterns for 15$;
    - they have a Facebook group where they post a free pattern every week and giveaway some of their commercial patterns for free;
    - they make custom patterns in a day or two and if you can't find your favourite movie, tv show or music band in their shop you need just ask them to make it for you, everything will be ready in a couple of days, try to do the same with WLS, you'll be waiting for ages;
    - they are just super:-)

    Give them some love and visit their shop: www.pixelpowerdesign.etsy.com. Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pixelpowerdesign

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan