Hey! I'm Emily... homebody, amateur philosopher, professional photographer, mama and wife. This is my little world-- a place for me to preserve the little snippets of my life that bring me joy, make me think, or show my creative leanings. I'm so happy you're here. If you get a minute, please introduce yourself in the comments. If you like what you see, you are invited to follow my blog through your RSS Reader. Just click the link at the bottom of the page to add me.
Thank you for being part of my little world... :)

{scroll down to see posts}


Us:

Us:

Thursday, February 3

Monster Shirt... Done! (I'm in LOVE.)

My project for the day yesterday was to recycle a t shirt I had for Noah into a Monster T Shirt, freestyle... 

I am SO pleased with the result!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I fully give credit for my inspiration to THIS Etsy seller: Aidelle, and her "Ricky the Raindrop" shirt. I totally borrowed the idea of using the terrycloth as the head, and the pirate patch, layered eyeball... ooops, and I also just now see my feet idea was actually more like hers than I realized. I did try to branch out and make it my own... But I gotta confess- I'm RARELY an original. I just don't have very many ideas of my own! Blah. But that fur mohawk and mustache? ALL me. 
(Gen, I used fabric from your Wizard of Oz duvet giftie project! Can you see?)

But I am STELLAR at implementing ideas I have been inspired by. And I LOVE applique as a sewing technique. LOVE it. Kinda really really love it, actually. And am I tho only one fascinated by the BACKSIDE of the applique project??

Photobucket
 I love the messy lines, love seeing the little patches where I clearly ceased my rhythm and had to think on the spot... Love the textures and such...
Photobucket

So is that just interesting to me? :)

*

And Noah wanted to say hi while I was snapping Monster Shirt pics:
Photobucket
(He's posing with Hector, the yellow sports car that Daddy rescued yesterday from beneath the oven. Boy was THAT a momentous rescue operation. Joy abounded all around.)

*

So yeah. Monsters, imitating, applique, and cute toddlers.
And ... That's all I have to say about that today. 

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Nolan saw me scrolling through this and yelled "WAIT! I want to see that red Angry Bird!"

I told him it was a shirt you made for Noah and his response was, "for me?"

Looks like I'll be trying this for Nolan! :) It turned out so cute!

Stefanie said...

LOVE it! And LOVE the mustache! :)

Emily S. said...

Stef, that mustache happened at the 11th hour, all because of YOU. Thanks for reminding me of how much I love mustaches, just in time for this project! :) :)

Mel.... I LOVE that he said it was an Angry Bird!!!!

Mandy said...

so cute!! looks great! I may have to make a shirt for my son inspired by this, I'm always trying to think of things to make for him. thanks for sharing!

*jess* said...

LOVE it! I made Makky a similar shirt a couple of years ago! So cute.

Emily said...

You did a great job! (as usual)...I love it! Now baby girl needs one :)

Maxmomma said...

SO COOL! Jonas says it is a pirate pickle.