Hey! I'm Emily... homebody, amateur philosopher, professional photographer, mama and wife. This is my little world-- a place for me to preserve the little snippets of my life that bring me joy, make me think, or show my creative leanings. I'm so happy you're here. If you get a minute, please introduce yourself in the comments. If you like what you see, you are invited to follow my blog through your RSS Reader. Just click the link at the bottom of the page to add me.
Thank you for being part of my little world... :)

{scroll down to see posts}


Me:

Me:

Wednesday, July 21

July, Where'd You Go??

After, after, after.... After THIS, I can do __________. After I finish _________ I can finally do ___________. After we have ______________ we can finally _________________. After after after......

Sigh.

I mean to blog. I do. I have so many photos of my own life, my own child, my own trips... Stories to tell... Ponderings to ponder...

After I finish the newborn session I am editing. (Hopefully will finish that one tonight.) After  I sort/batch/edit the minisession from last week. (Might get that done by tomorrow.)

After.... After I check off this list or that....

And truly, for once, there might just be a window of time to breathe, after those sessions I mentioned. I have nothing scheduled now until September. And I'm keeping it that way. And I will begin to tell my OWN stories again... The right intent is there....

It's just so disheartening to see that even after the enlightenment of realizing I MISS telling my own tales, there is still the postponement... this finishing of loose ends first... this telling myself, "After. After. After."

Sigh. 

Change comes slowly, right??

(P.S. I have dug out an old folder of CDs and found my old St. Louis Symphony recordings. I. Am. So. HAPPY to be hearing them once again. I once upon a time made gorgeous music in gorgeous groups. NATSUKASHII.)

3 comments:

  1. I was just talking to Elise about how I really miss singing with a group. Church and the car just aren't enough. Maybe someday when I am more settled in my life I will try again.

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I know how you feel, Em. Except maybe not, just because most of the time, I'm putting things off for stupid/petty/foolish/trivial reasons, not because I'm trying to be productive for someone else's sake. Right now, though, I'm trying to put the productivity first- things like cleaning/organizing various parts of my room (the closet is a big one right now), de-cluttering my life by putting it in storage boxes to be pulled out later when I have a place of my own, etc. Mostly, I'm trying to do things I always wish I had time to do during the school year so that I'm not once again wishing I had time to do them instead of actually doing them.

    We should do more family singing. I know it's nothing like the symphony, but it's still some good times to be had... just a thought :)

    Hang in there. I'm thinking about you! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. After. After. After...story of my life these days, too. Hope you're doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete