Hey! I'm Emily... homebody, amateur philosopher, professional photographer, mama and wife. This is my little world-- a place for me to preserve the little snippets of my life that bring me joy, make me think, or show my creative leanings. I'm so happy you're here. If you get a minute, please introduce yourself in the comments. If you like what you see, you are invited to follow my blog through your RSS Reader. Just click the link at the bottom of the page to add me.
Thank you for being part of my little world... :)

{scroll down to see posts}


Me:

Me:

Friday, December 18

The L. Family {St. Louis Children's Photographer}

Bloggy Blog Check In:
* seven days til Christmas (eep!!)
* four more nights sleeping here at the Lodge
* one more night of editing sessions for 2009
* spirits: high, after a LOT of productivity this week, and some much needed girl time, first with my gorgeous sister in law Mary, then a dinner out with my dear friend Sarah, and most recently an hour or two at the cheery, holiday-bedecked mall with my sister Beckie.
* Noah: cute as ever and seems to be over his most recent cold... He has had a kick being driven around in "gramma's truck" today, since we are borrowing the pick-up for moving stuff.
* Joe: done with finals and papers, YAHOO!!! 99% done with grad school applications. Yahoo!!! And looking ridiculously attractive to me today in his soft, cozy hoodie sweatshirt and scruffy face.
*Crafties: On hold til my sessions are edited.
* Noah's presents: all bought, none wrapped.
*Joe's presents: Mostly bought, one left to make.
* My presents: not getting much this year, since I tend to treat myself all year 'round to cool treasures, PLUS I have an incredible group of friends treating me all year, too... Remind me to tell you about our Christmas swap this year. YA!!!!! So fun!!
* Christmas: making me get teary-eyed at all the right moments... Noah recognizing "baby Jesus" (as in, "sweet Christmas Baby Jesus", NOT "Talledega Nights Baby Jesus". *eye roll*), music moving my little tender heart, and people just being NICER right now...

I am GOOD. Can you tell? :)

*

And now, a session share.

Last session shared had two cute boys, so I needed to balance it out with two cute girls this time. These darling sisters were FULL of energy and personality, and made me LAUGH. The older one, 4 years old (maybe 3.75? I can't remember!), wanted me to CARRY her everywhere, in a really endearing way. And ya know what? She was SO cute and so sweet to me, I had to oblige. She and my million-pound camera (since the new lens!)... But it was totally cool. :)

So are they. Take a look!
Lener

Lener

Lener

Lener

Lener

Lener

She saw this weeping willow tree and literally SWOONED. A true "princess tree", her mom told me. She was SO excited to go play in it. Did you love willow trees for the same reason growing up? I did. They are PURE romance, to a little girl.
Lener

Lener

Thanks, L. girls... And mama Jessica. It was such a fun little afternoon we spent, back when trees were still green.

Not anymore, though. The weatherman is talking SNOW here soon. Maybe it'll stick. I LOVE the first snow. the last few snows, notsomuch.... But the first one is MAGIC. Can't wait!

5 comments:

  1. Your pictures are gorgeous. I love the touches that you give them.

    Sweet baby Jesus watching his baby Einsteins? Seriously, that didn't make you laugh out loud. I know it's irreverent, but I laughed so hard.

    Merry Christmas my sweet Emily. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that black and white head shot of the older girl with the closed mouth - absolutely beautiful. Enjoy these last few nights- you will create such new, wonderful memories and traditions in your new home. I just figure God wants more people to know how cool you are. How's Mary doing? I miss her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Growing up, my next door neighbor had a weeping willow. I loved that tree until it got HUGE worms in it that would fall on people as they walked under the tree. Now I am afraid of them... But your pictures are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those little girls are adorable and such beautiful eyes...they sparkle. I am so envious that you have such a cool job. :) And you're so darn good at it! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My grandparents had a weeping willow. Whenever we were home to visit, the cousins would play under it. I was so sad when they cut it down a few years back.

    ReplyDelete