Hey! I'm Emily... homebody, amateur philosopher, professional photographer, mama and wife. This is my little world-- a place for me to preserve the little snippets of my life that bring me joy, make me think, or show my creative leanings. I'm so happy you're here. If you get a minute, please introduce yourself in the comments. If you like what you see, you are invited to follow my blog through your RSS Reader. Just click the link at the bottom of the page to add me.
Thank you for being part of my little world... :)

{scroll down to see posts}


Me:

Me:

Sunday, April 6

Let's Play "I Spy"

This evening, the light in my west-facing kitchen made me so happy that I had to take a picture to try to capture it. I think I almost have it right. And since I love my lil' attic kitchen, let's look around it a bit and play some "I Spy". Take a peek:

Tell me, can you spy:
1. a leprechaun
2. my apron collection
3. cuttings from our flowering forsythia
4. the lovely casserole dish from my mother-in-law
5. some patched pants
6. a cold remedy that really works
7. a place for dry spaghetti and a place for wet spaghetti
8. a fragile plant in a strange container
9. my koolaid jug
10. a vestige of my Macaroni Grill days

*

Go... Look all over my kitchen (all the less-than sparkling areas are well-hidden here!). And let me know what you find.
(And if you're ever in town, come on over and we'll make something yummy in this cozy, warm little kitchen. I love it.)

7 comments:

  1. I love the beautiful yellow walls - it is the color I'd love to use in our guest room. Great light - enjoy it!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your kitchen!! VERY cute "EAT" sign ... I'm thinking I'm going to have to come visit and we'll bake up something tasty!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute kitchen!

    I think I got all but 2 (and i'm not sure about those... If the remnant from M.G. is the "EAT" sign, which I dout, I got it. But, if not I am not sure... there may be an apron in your "Apron Collection" that looks like it may have an "Italian Food" print on it, but I wasn't sure (????).

    I also am not sure about your Kool-aid jug...If it is the glass bottle behing the "Cold remedy that really works", then "I do spy"; and if not, then I don't know where it could be.

    Thanks for the diversion.

    Have a great week.... Love you,

    A (& Z)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spy.....a dishwasher! yeah....do I win a prize? ha ha ha....

    very creative (as always, Em)

    ReplyDelete
  5. galen3:52 PM

    I am completely in love with your kitchen.
    Mine's west facing two... wish it had this effect.

    (currently, the effect is more of "oh look, all the dust I didn't see before")

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could not have that enormous EAT emblazoned on my kitchen wall, I would use it as justification to constantly raid the fridge.
    ...cute kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um, so do we win a prize if we spy everything? No? Good, because I didn't :( (but I think I got close! I'm convinced that your patched pants must be hidden among those aprons, I think your Kool-aid pitcher is disguising itself as a microwave, why would you keep such a fragile plant IN your dishwasher? and I can't believe you kept those Macaroni Grill Italian Granny Smith Apples for THAT long!)
    Okay, so maybe I don't know your kitchen as well as I should- I guess that means I'll have to come over for a visit (and some of that yummy baking- maybe you could show me some of those awesome cupcake techniques!)

    thanks for sharing your cozy corner!

    love ya-

    ReplyDelete