Slider

Meet Me at the Muny!

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Joe, Beckie, her roomie Kathy and I went to see Les Miserables last night at the Muny. It was INCREDIBLE!
I'm still singing the songs!!

The Muny is an outdoor professional theater in the heart of our huge city park, Forest Park. In the summers, they show about six great shows for pretty reasonable prices. The only drawback is the heat, which we endured last night-- a humid 97 degrees. YUCK!

Still, for my first time ever seeing Les Mis, it was fully worth the discomfort. Besides, our far back tickets were only $9.

The actors did the songs justice, and the storyline made so much more sense to me, seeing it onstage.

Anyone else seen any plays/musicals this summer?

4 comments:

  1. jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and no. the most i'll get to do is maybe maybe see hairspray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I have to get there. How do you go about getting the tickets? I'd be up for the free seats but I'd hate to get a babysitter just to drive up there and find out they've all been taken up for the night. We just got back into town and are working on getting our apartment below 80. Not happening yet, but if it does, you should come spend a cool evening with us. You're already back at school?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:38 PM

    We saw Les Mis (incredible!!!) in May and will be going to the Secret Garden in two weeks. Les Mis even had Brian crying, it was so good. Don't you love theater? yay!

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could have gone too! What a cool city you live in!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan