Hey! I'm Emily... homebody, amateur philosopher, professional photographer, mama and wife. This is my little world-- a place for me to preserve the little snippets of my life that bring me joy, make me think, or show my creative leanings. I'm so happy you're here. If you get a minute, please introduce yourself in the comments. If you like what you see, you are invited to follow my blog through your RSS Reader. Just click the link at the bottom of the page to add me.
Thank you for being part of my little world... :)

{scroll down to see posts}


Me:

Me:

Tuesday, March 6

Wordless Week: Day 1

(Okay, a few words, really quick: If you'd like to hop in on this activity this week, leave me a comment with your blog address and I'll link up to you. Fun! Okay--- zipping my lips now. Er, fingers.) 

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

[ZZZZZZZ.......]

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket 

*

(My blog friend Samantha, mama to quite a houseful-- eight kids!-- is playing along. Check out her first day's post here: 110 Fingers, 110 Toes: Wordless Week [turn down your volume if you don't want music])

8 comments:

  1. That was just one day?? Holy cow! :) I want to play! But alas I have no camera at the moment...just my camera phone...does that count? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun day! (Was that the mall off 370 that you went to? I think it's called the Midlands Mall, or something? It sure looks like it... :)

    Love all the pictures. Can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda (and anyone): please play along with your phone if thats all you have!! Phone photos have their own charm, and totally count!

    Also, learned my lesson from yesterday-- WAY more photos than I can handle. Am paring down today. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to give it a go, well at least try.
    Since I haven't been able to look at my settings yet here's my blog address.
    http://esteyliving.blogspot.com/
    -lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your posts just make me happy!!!! Wanted to let you know that I remembered your fab carrot/zucchini/pineapple muffins and went back to your blog for the recipe.

    Enjoy this amazing weather! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also can't believe you did all that in one day. I'm going to attempt to play along. I only took a few photos yesterday, and I'm trying to take more today. I will attempt to get them up on my oh-so-neglected blog tonight!
    http://blog.amandagregor.com

    Also, the light you seem to get in your house makes me en.vi.ous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, here's my blog www.theflemingclan.blogspot.com. I tried! haha. Only had my camera phone and its only like 3 megapixels so I apologize in andvance to anyone who looks at the poor quality, However, I had fun and that's all that counts right? :) ps Emily, do you use a Canon?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amanda G-- I DO get lovely light in parts of my house, parts of the day...but i also use a LOT of high ISO settings to "fake it"... truly!! My living room is red, so there is ALWAYS a color cast there, and my bedroom is dim and has a vivid orange bedspread, so more color cast there... and the kitchen gets TERRIBLE light most of the day.

    Amanda F-- I use a Canon 50D and have been playing with my lesser-used lenses this week... and LOVING them. My kit lens (shockingly fun to use right now!) and my 50mm 1.8 (great lens, but I've gotten lazy about the non-zoom)...

    And poor quality phone pics have their charm--- remember this post?

    Life in Less-Than-Perfect Photographs

    ReplyDelete