Slider

We're Still Here!!

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

and we took advantage of the first truly AMAZING day of 2008 by going for a stroller walk and a restaurant for dinner.

*
It got up to 70+ degrees today-- breezy, sunny, warm, serene... And I believe it probably restored a portion of everyone's soul here in St. Louis, after such a draggy, up-and-down, grey grey grey winter. So when I got home, I begged Joe to let us get OUT and get MOVING and treat ourselves to a restaurant meal. Our nearly-4-month-old baby boy is getting more interested in the world around him, which has helped make him more portable, and though we haven't risked a long social outing with him in quite some time, I've been feeling like he's getting to the point where he can handle it. And handle it he did! He was MARVELOUS during our dinner, and I was able to enjoy my lovely steak dinner without holding him or feeding him or popping pacifiers/toys/accessories into his hands and mouth! It was great!

*
So we are still here. Still standing. Still managing our recently-hectic life.

*
My spring break starts in less than 48 hours, and I plan to get a LOT of my recent photos edited and posted for all to see. I have some fun ones! I also plan to take some good naps, make some cupcakes, get out on a date with my husband, spend a TON of playtime with my baby boy (since being back at work, I tend to only see his end-of-the-day mellow time, not his silly time, and that makes me sad...), and just try to relax and enjoy the breather from my current real life.

*
I still scan through all of your blogs... I often do it while feeding my son or pumping at work... It's just become difficult to make the time to give out the comment love. I'll get better again. I promise. Okay. Enough explanation/excuse/apology. It's been a LOVELY evening. I'm going to stretch it out a bit longer by snuggling with my hubby for a while.

*
Hugs and kisses to all!

*

6 comments:

  1. What a great family picture - you guys are just so adorable! Glad that you enjoyed the change in weather, and have a fantastic spring break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:26 AM

    Hey, I recognize that sweatshirt...it looks adorable on him.

    Having a sleepless night...Z has a follow up Endoscopy in the morning...So I thought I would visit my 2 favorite "Happy Places" (your Blogs), to reduce some stress. Gonna try and catch some Z's now....

    Love you,

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:41 AM

    I'm glad you got to have an 'out-and-about' evening :-) We got up to the 50's yesterday - not as good as 70's, but I did shed my coat :-)

    Enjoy your spring break - I still have 3 weeks to go (but some of my schools are on their breaks in the meantime, so it means less driving around on those days...but more time in the office, which may not be a good thing...)

    But we're focusing on bright, happy, things - like more pictures of Noah to print out and show off.

    Thanks, and I love you guys.

    JULINA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm. Steak Dinner and family walk. That sounds like heaven. I'm so glad you got to recharge your batteries that way. A beautiful day can make all the difference this time of year.

    I can't wait to see all the new photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We went to the zoo yesterday. Gorgeous. It actually hit the 80s for a wee bit here. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!!! I am glad that you got out and that Noah behaved himself (giggle) I want to make cupcakes with you!! I made some the other day and they were so yummy!! Call me if you want to see those windows, oh I lied there are 5 of them!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan