Slider

Weekend Ramblings...

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Joe, Noah and I went to Columbia, MO for the night last night... My baby sis is in the play Damn Yankees and we wanted to get there to see it, so we attempted our first road trip since Christmas. It all went pretty smoothly, actually! I got to see every sibling except for Beckie (who lives 4 blocks from me, so I guess I can cope)... Including the Indiana ones. That was really fun! I took several wacky candids, which will get on here eventually, and a few of the actual play, also coming soon.

Coming home, it's been nice to just RECOVER- not unpack, not clean, not cook.... Just throw the pile of stuff in the middle of the living room floor, play with my baby for a while, let my husband sleep before his night shift, and just relax.

Now all is quiet, the house is dark, and I am ready to crash and sleep for the 2.5 hours my baby lets me sleep between feedings. I am a bit unsettled about Daylight Savings coming up... A bit sad that the weekend has already rushed by so quickly... A bit bored by this blog post... Thirsty... Heartburn-y...

Um. I feel a bit out of touch since going back to work... Less balanced, less able to find time to care for ME... And you can tell that the blog posting has suffered a bit. I just need to keep myself in survival mode while I get through the rest of this school year. Then maybe I'll have more of me to spread around again. Maybe cook some meals again. Make some more cupcakes. (Which reminds me-- I DO have about three different batches of previously-made cupcakes I have pictures of. I will do another cupcake post soon.)

So. Boring to everyone else, but an update nonetheless. Helped me get a bit more centered.
To conclude, as a reward for reading this entire ridiculous rambler, I present to you a few shots from my current favorite set of Noah photos. Enjoy my handsome son:





{age: 3 months * hat: gift from Kate S. * facial expressions: obtained by making ridiculous noises for his amusement}

17 comments:

  1. Oh good golly, the squishy face one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness! adorable pictures! the one with him scrunching up his nose is my fav. too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kinda reminds me of the photo set we did at Grandma's house...except Noah is much better looking than I am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hat--love it! blanket--so springy & I'm loving the color! facial expressions--will he grow up to be like steven--millions of different looks and loves to be in front of the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was so good to see you this weekend - worth pushing on to Columbia on Friday after a long day and a long week.

    And I said it before, but thank you, thank you for all of the updates/pictures - not only does it make my day :o) but it helps my nephew not be a stranger when I do get to see him (well, not a stranger to me - I imagine I'm still pretty much a stranger to him...)

    Take care and see you in May, I hope... (please tell me that's not as far away as it sounds right now)

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT photos. Love the hat (and the smile, too, of course!).

    best,

    Sylvia C.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:33 PM

    Oh my word, those photos are friggin' adorable!! My favorite has to be the middle one but they're all just way too darn cute! Hope you get some me time this week. I feel the same way about the time change. It's nice to have it stay light later into the evenings but it sure is tough to get up when it feels an hour earlier than the alarm clock says. Always takes me a couple weeks to adjust. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute are those pics...seriously so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:31 PM

    OMG! Too cute for words...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, that middle one is hilarious! I love it.

    I totally understand what you mean by not having time for me time. I have decided that there's nothing wrong with ponytail days for a while. Not forever, mind you, but for right now, it's not the end of the world. At least time passes quickly with these little ones around!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you said before that you wouldn't mind sharing some photo secrets, so how did you pose noah like that? it looks like he's laying flat but not quite? do you have him propped up on something?

    awesome pics as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great photos emily! i love that you got him to smile AND get the shot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey mrs.s
    quick question. How do you make your blog private so people can not search it and find it?

    ReplyDelete
  15. he has such an amazing little face! what a gorgeous baby, seriously. :) love the hat too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holy Bananas! Cutest pictures yet.
    Keep them coming. You will never regret taking too many photos. He really is in the top 5 of cutest kids ever (mine take up 3 of the spots, so it's a tight squeeze.)
    Love you lots and hope you are able to shove a few cupcakes into your gorgeous face.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I totally understand that it is so very hard to find time for yourself. But just look at the little angel you have for it. He really is precious and those expressions are just adorable! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan