Hey! I'm Emily... homebody, amateur philosopher, professional photographer, mama and wife. This is my little world-- a place for me to preserve the little snippets of my life that bring me joy, make me think, or show my creative leanings. I'm so happy you're here. If you get a minute, please introduce yourself in the comments. If you like what you see, you are invited to follow my blog through your RSS Reader. Just click the link at the bottom of the page to add me.
Thank you for being part of my little world... :)

{scroll down to see posts}


Me:

Me:

Tuesday, January 11

Snow Day....

Today the schools all get a snow day. It's that one time I viscerally miss teaching--- that incredibly liberating, pure-joy feeling of hearing it's a snow day. As a stay-at-home-mama, you just don't get that "Free Day" like that. Ah well... in some ways, that means that every day is a "snow day", right? Permission to stay in jammies, make blanket forts, eat more junk food than usual, etc.? Ha, right.

But today IS still a fully cold, snow-covered day, and with it comes very specific cravings and urges. Today I had oatmeal for breakfast. The "cinnamon roll" kind. Yum! I maybe crave oatmeal once a month, if that. But when the urge hits, nothing else will do.

Today, I feel like baking. Cupcakes, maybe? Some cowboy cookies? Pumpkin or banana bread? I think baking will have to happen here today.

today I feel like wearing thick socks and spending more time than usual with the quilt on our couch.

Today I am playing my "winter" playlist on iTunes...

Yes, today has a unique feel to it, even if it's not officially a "snow day" for Noah and I. (And part of me keeps hoping UMSL will just decide to send Joe home, so we can really party... :) A girl can dream, right?)

*
Yesterday, Noah had his buddy Callum over for some hard core play time.... Thought I'd just share a few from the day:

Photobucket

Yummy lunch, eh? The star-shaped PBJs were a hit.Noah ate all his broccoli. Callum did not. I forgive him. Broccoli is weird for kiddos.

Photobucket

Noah requested some custom art. I, of course, complied:

Photobucket

And the boys, together:
Photobucket

Photobucket

I think we ALL needed this playdate... Noah and Callum needed some "boy time" to get their energy out, I needed Noah to not be at my elbow all morning, and Callum's mama needed some "her time". It was WIN-WIN-WIN-WIN situation!

*

Okay, Snow Day. It's 8:56am. Oatmeal is eaten. Blog is done. We're on song #10 of the winter playlist. What's next?

Probably cookies. Or maybe sewing. Or PlayDoh. Off to go find out...

4 comments:

  1. Callum is a doll baby!!!! Love the star shaped sandwiches...amazing these kiddos will eat something if it is shaped differently as opposed to a slice of bread :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous of your "snow day" fun- it looks like an awesome day! What did you end up baking? All of the above? Love the pictures of Noah and Callum! So adorable, both those boys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Send these cutie pics my way!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cal and I were just looking for Noah pics and saw these again. I want them for sure! Thrown them on the CD with my jewelry images if you don't mind. Our boys are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete