Slider

Lamby's ABCs: Noah's Favorite Book

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Remember Noah's Lamby? the one he calls "Mai"? For Christmas this past year, I had the most brilliant brainstorm, and even though I (as usual) procrastinated the actual creation of the project, I managed to get this great gifty together in the nick of time to give it to him for his Christmas gift. Introducing Lamby's ABC Book, by yours truly:

Photobucket

It's a hardcover gift book... Filled with photographs of Mai with objects that go with the letters of the alphabet. Each page has it's own letter, and a gently smiling lamby posing for Noah's enjoyment.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Believe you me... Getting moments alone with Lamby where Noah wasn't tagging along was TOUGH. 'Cause obviously, the best time to do this sort of thing is when the kiddo is sleeping. But.... Well, Noah SLEEPS with Lamby! So.... It was a bit tricky. Also, since I did this whole thing at the eleventh hour, there was some scrambling to get things to fit the letters I needed. As a result, the "K" page has my half-used bottle of ketchup. Awkward. But kinda funny. :)

And then, of course, I had to include Noah himself when I got to "N".... So I got to take care of two tasks-- photo for the book, and a memory-preserving photo of my baby with his lovey.
Photobucket

(Like the "O is for Octagon"? Noah calls stop signs "octagons". It makes me smile EVERY TIME. The "O" page preserves this fleeting memory of Noah's early years...)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And there ya have it! I've been meaning to post about the book for AGES, but.... well... ya know. Life gets in the way sometimes.

Anyhoo.

If you love the book enough to own one, you are welcome to buy one, actually! (Not that I think there's a huge market for Noah's grungy ol' lamby as a supermodel book subject. Ha!) But I thought I'd mention it, for fun...

The info/link is HERE:

Lamby's ABC Book

It has a softcover option for $16.95 +shipping/tax or a hardcover for $29.95 +shipping + tax.

And alternately, check out Blurb.com and ponder the possibility of making an ABC book of your own! There are a million ways to do your own take on this. And the kiddos LOVE having a book that feature their own life.

So. Smile. Enjoy. And thanks for peeking!

21 comments:

  1. I love my copy and have been bragging/showing it off as much as I can :) I actually like that some of the 11th hour fits are glimpses of your 'real' life at this stage of Noah's life (I like "I is for Ice", too) and that it touches on Noah's obsessions/interests at this age("E is for Eggs"). It's that personalization that makes the book so charming for us family members, and to me the "11th-hour-ness" of it shows off your talent even more...

    Love it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why am I NOT surprised that you came up with this AWESOME idea!!! I have thought about making Noah a few books, and putting something he LOVES in the picture makes it an even better idea! THANK YOU! And... AWESOME book by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this idea! Seriously. Genius! You are so creative! I would love to make one of those for my kiddos! Great idea! :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely darling! Looks so professional- oh wait, you are! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE it! I might dream of trying to do one with Jimmy's duckie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOSH... how adorable is that. It's positively PERFECT! I love, love, love it! What a nice memory for Noah to look back on.

    Nice job Mama! That is just screaming creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is so clever! What a great keepsake for you and Noah. Ava has a "bear" that I might just have to make a book with too. Thanks for sharing your ideas with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup. You're my hero. Seriously adore this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely gorgeous, precious, and perfect. What a sweet gift you have given him--not only your time, not only a fabulous book for him to learn from but also a record of this time in his life! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I KEEP meaning to do something like this as well. . . and I need to. Now that you have shown me the love of Blurb, I realize how freaking EASY it would be to make. Once the darn pictures are taken.

    ADORABLE.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty much the cutest thing I have ever seen. Kindof makes me sick. I could take pictures of things, but it just wouldn't ever look as professional. You are too talented. That's all there is to it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are you kidding me? Cutest present ever.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh! You are sooo talented! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I could just CRY at how amazing it is Emily. I took pictures for weeks to do the same sort of alphabet book for Molly when she was two, and I put such pressure on myself to make rhymes up for each page that I didn't finish in time. It's one of my great disappointments. :( But seeing LAMBY in all his glory has made me imagine Ben's LION in a similar series and I'm thinking that maybe, just maybe, I can get one done for his birthday next year. And maybe I'll make Molly's after all - heck, she still likes all the same stuff, it's only been three years, lol!

    Hmmm, I wonder if google ever cuts you off with a character limit...

    ReplyDelete
  16. There are tears in my eyes. Tears.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I started something like this a million years ago for Rory... maybe I will make good on it for Liberty...

    You rock mama.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it!! And it is truly more awesome in person!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, what a TERRIFIC idea! It actually made me tear up a little. What a wonderful way to preserve memories and create something he'll love!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my this is the most wonderful thing I've ever seen!! Utterly fantastic and the photos are beautiful! My daughter has Bear and I just may have to try something like this. But I don't think I could ever create anything as wonderful as Noah's book. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so. AWESOME! What a special gift, fun for now and so sentimental for later. Too bad Ellie's "Mai" is a blanket.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan