Hey! I'm Emily... homebody, amateur philosopher, professional photographer, mama and wife. This is my little world-- a place for me to preserve the little snippets of my life that bring me joy, make me think, or show my creative leanings. I'm so happy you're here. If you get a minute, please introduce yourself in the comments. If you like what you see, you are invited to follow my blog through your RSS Reader. Just click the link at the bottom of the page to add me.
Thank you for being part of my little world... :)

{scroll down to see posts}


Me:

Me:

Wednesday, May 20

My Facebook Status Reads:


So... If I'm slow coming back to blog, it is because I am trying to find my center again after a whirlwind two months... April and May, you have kicked my BUTT.

But in a good way. a GREAT way. I am living a life I have NO complaints about, except for maybe the missing magic cleaning fairy or the in-home masseuse. I mean, Noah is a STINKER sometimes, but he is the best part of my day, too. I get Joe around SO much, and he is a WONDERFUL dad and hubs. I am doing something I love and that creatively challenges me, and I am getting PAID for it. And much of it can be done in my pajamas, listening to my favorite music on iTunes.


So what if there are moments I want to scream and run away from the


a.) bills
b.) toddler whining
c.) weight I need to lose
d.) sixteen shoots waiting for editing


There is too much else GOOD to let those things get me too down.


So off I go to keep working on my attitude adjustment.
Thanks for waiting for me!

(P.S. I currently have my Facebook set to "Pirate English" for its language default. It makes me happy EVERY SINGLE TIME I get on there. So if the "Make Yer Mark" or "Arr, This Be Pleasin' to Me Eye" confused you, there it is. )

6 comments:

  1. will you come adjust my attitude today too? MAN I am having a FIRED UP day and I am usually pretty freaking happy! UGH!

    Too much work is a GOOD thing even if it comes with too little time right? :)

    Let's take a night OFF and go watch a movie soon! We need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help adjust your attitude, but if you need to vent, you know you can call.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel down the front of his pants. His shipmates thought this odd and asked him why.

    He said, "Arrg, it drives me nuts!"


    I cried after I heard that one.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pirate English?!? I didn't even know FB HAD settings like that! (I guess that's what I get for not being an obsessive facebooker- not that you ARE, just that I'm hardly ever on for any length of time...)

    So, that being said, how can I get MY facebook set to Pirate English?!?
    That is SO cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm booking our massages.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally just changed my fb to pirate english - I TOTALLY LOVE IT! Thanks. It makes me laugh every time.

    ReplyDelete