Hey! I'm Emily... homebody, amateur philosopher, professional photographer, mama and wife. This is my little world-- a place for me to preserve the little snippets of my life that bring me joy, make me think, or show my creative leanings. I'm so happy you're here. If you get a minute, please introduce yourself in the comments. If you like what you see, you are invited to follow my blog through your RSS Reader. Just click the link at the bottom of the page to add me.
Thank you for being part of my little world... :)

{scroll down to see posts}


Me:

Me:

Thursday, May 7

Bella in Pink ... | St. Louis Children's Photographer |






Oh Bella, Bella.... Be still my heart. You make the longing in me for a daughter of my own so intense that I might not survive another son! You're a vision in pink tulle and flowers and smocking and bows, and it was a singular pleasure to fulfill the girly side in me through you!

What a fun session! Beth, she is AMAZING, and I cannot wait to see you again for your family shots!

***

On a more personal note, it was so cool to "meet" some of my silent readers through the comments on my last post. I think my musings struck a chord, and if you haven't already, go back and read dome of the incredible comments that were left. It is a fascinating discussion-- WHY we blog... And something I am still working through. I want to post again about it soon... I have some additional thoughts to add. Until then, thank you for coming out to share your stories, and in some cases, to introduce yourselves. It made my day!! I needed to hear from you all!

10 comments:

  1. That smile is priceless. You are so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...simply stunning...


    I loved your thoughts below, so true. How grateful I am my beloved lil' bro Joe has such an amazing woman to call his wife. I just love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ho I do LOVE the pictures. They are beautiful. You did a wonderful job catching my Sweet Bella's fun personality.

    Thank you, thank you, and thank you again!

    I too can't wait for your next session!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - that's about all i can say.. WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good gravy, she's a sweet and beautiful little girl! And you captured her so perfectly.

    sigh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dawn otf7:14 PM

    Love love love them. You captured her personality so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pictures are wonderful. I love my Bella :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm the proud Auntie of sweet Bella, the pictures are just precious! I love that you got a little of all of her fun moods, and you captured that adorable sh*t eatin' grin of hers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm normally not a girly-pink fan, but...this may have converted me. It's all so PRETTY! I think 'baby trends' (that I've seen, as a non-mom) have gotten so far away from the traditional that fluffy, lacy, shiny pinks just aren't seen that often...and while I do love those new styles...there's nothing that can really compare to a little girl in pink tulle and ribbon.

    I loved your words about having a daughter, too. When you announced that you were having a boy (even though I generally like little boys better), my heart sank a bit...and you KNOW how much I love that kid, but I wanted a girl for you SO BADLY. it just seems to...*fit*.

    ReplyDelete