Hey! I'm Emily... homebody, amateur philosopher, professional photographer, mama and wife. This is my little world-- a place for me to preserve the little snippets of my life that bring me joy, make me think, or show my creative leanings. I'm so happy you're here. If you get a minute, please introduce yourself in the comments. If you like what you see, you are invited to follow my blog through your RSS Reader. Just click the link at the bottom of the page to add me.
Thank you for being part of my little world... :)

{scroll down to see posts}


Me:

Me:

Thursday, March 1

FRYYYYYY-DAY!


I love dress-down day. Jeans, sneakers... being comfy. Not too stylish, but comfy is a nice trade-off for one day.

I actually dressed pretty fancy this week-- no "medium-professional", like i try to sneak in once in a while.

Monday was some dress khaki slacks with a sequined-edged tank (for the waistline decoration) with a black turtleneck sweater. I wore these new shoes, which i love. (Old Navy. On sale.)Tuesday was a white button-down blouse with a beaded tank under, pressed khaki capri's and some pretty little suede mary janes. Yes, they were blue. I had on blue suede shoes.

Wednesday was my favorite long denim skirt with a lovely white-with-navy-and-red-floral kimono-style blouse and velvet peasant slippers.

Today was some wide-leg brown slacks with this fun green shirt and striped cardigan, pointy-toed heeled boots. *clackity-clack*

So I totally deserve the jeans and sneakers tomorrow. I think I will wear my pink and pinker striped polo with a long-sleeved white tee under it.

Sorry... Random musings about clothes. Yes, I own a lot of random shoes. All cheap-- less than $25 a pair. Always.

ANYWAY. Happy Friday, wherever you are.

(Question for you lurkers: What brand are your favorite jeans? Currently, mine are some Old Navy bootcut ones I got at the outlet store in Park City Utah a year ago... I have worn them RAGGED. Make my butt look good.)

2 comments:

  1. I know I'm not a "lurker", I actually probably bug with all my comments, but here goes...You have so many cute clothes. I love the shoes from Old Navy.
    Really?! Never a pair of shoes over $25? Even wedding shoes? I'll always splurge at least once a year and get a really nice pair, like Franco Sarto at Nordy's. Have you tried Chacos? They are to die for! When the weather gets nice, that's all I wear.
    My favorite pair of jeans are a no-name brand from Burlington. 15 bucks and 4 iron on patches later, I'm still wearing them and loving them. Seriously, you can't beat $15 jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite jeans are from the Gap. They are the only ones that make them long enough for my legs. I own five pairs that fit me now, and i bought 3 pairs after I had lucy because i couldn't fit into the size 10's. I also buy their Khaki pants. I have 3 pairs of those in 3 different colors. And the best part is that I did not spend more than $30 for each pair of pants. Some were only $20. I really don't know which ones look the best on me. I just know that they are all long enough and that is enough for me.
    No one can ask me anymore if a flood is coming....

    ReplyDelete