Hey! I'm Emily... homebody, amateur philosopher, professional photographer, mama and wife. This is my little world-- a place for me to preserve the little snippets of my life that bring me joy, make me think, or show my creative leanings. I'm so happy you're here. If you get a minute, please introduce yourself in the comments. If you like what you see, you are invited to follow my blog through your RSS Reader. Just click the link at the bottom of the page to add me.
Thank you for being part of my little world... :)

{scroll down to see posts}


Me:

Me:

Thursday, February 16

A Quick Prayer

Dear Lord, 

I am grateful this moment for the sunshine.
I am grateful for this little corner of our hallway with the round window that floods with light at this time of day.
I am grateful for the sweet little bundle of blonde fluff asleep just in the next room, snuggly and soft in her fleecy sleep sack, hugging her Bunny Bunny. 
I am gratefule for the bits of fabric that make up her bird mobile, and the way that mobile gently spins in the flow of air from her vent.
I am grateful for the boy asleep in the other room, one lamby lovey on either side of his face, his face still and silent for the first time all day. 
I am grateful for all the stories and games and ideas that flow from him when he is not asleep.
I am grateful for the time to fold laundry, quietly, with steady rhythm, the tidy piles growing as the messy pile shrinks. 
I am grateful for this small home, our home... 
I am grateful for my health, and the health of my family, where only a cold has passed through all season. 
I am grateful for the pink and white book I've had for 11 years, Simple Abundance, that continues to inspire me and center me when I make time to pick it up. 
I am grateful for happy mail and friendships that grow deeper over the years. 
I am grateful for daily text messages that brighten my day. 
I am grateful for a man that tells me he loves me with no hesitation, and always rubs my back for a moment before he heads to bed. 
I am simply, deeply grateful for this life of mine. 

Thank you--

Amen. 

2 comments:

  1. So perfect and beautiful, Em. Love it. There is true beauty and joy all around you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post Emily! I adore my pink and white Simple Abundance book too!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete