Hey! I'm Emily... homebody, amateur philosopher, professional photographer, mama and wife. This is my little world-- a place for me to preserve the little snippets of my life that bring me joy, make me think, or show my creative leanings. I'm so happy you're here. If you get a minute, please introduce yourself in the comments. If you like what you see, you are invited to follow my blog through your RSS Reader. Just click the link at the bottom of the page to add me.
Thank you for being part of my little world... :)

{scroll down to see posts}


Me:

Me:

Thursday, June 3

Back.

Photobucket

Home... Back.

Back to life. Back to the house that needs a bit of tidying. Back to an email inbox that needs a LOT of tidying.

During my travels I got to see: my amazing mom and dad-in-law; Sarah and Nate Page (what a treat!); my sweet Kate S. that I have missed (and her ABUNDANT family!); Jessica H., stylista of Portland; the inspiring and serene Megan and Co.; gorgeous mama Terina and her fabulous pair of smarties; Kari and Rory, both so kind and smart; Sarah Rader, my long-lost BFF and her family; the spunky, REAL Lyn(say) and her trio of partners-in-crime.... A good haul, I'd say!

During my travels, I also:

Got to have Dole Whip. Eat at a luau. Explore Portland. And Tillamook. And Oahu. Took a LOT of naps.

Had a fun, unintrusive form of jetlag.

Drove in some of God's most beautiful places, both in HI and OR.

Read three novels.

Found a bit of myself again.

Missed Joe and Noah INCREDIBLY during Week Two, the week without them.

Had Portland cart food. And cupcakes. And pastrami cheese fries.

Stopped being stressed for a while.

Didn't cry once.

Held Joe's hand a LOT in HI.

LOVED the new, the inspiring, the spontaneity, the CHANGE.

Now that I am home, I am:

Trying to find "normal". But not wanting the old normal back at ALL.
Snuggling Noah a LOT.
Taking it slow. All shall be well.
Missing the list of folks above.
Feeling joy. Abundance.

To bed with me. I have done enough today. there will be time for the rest of my To Do List.

*

{Photo: my ONE photo goal the whole trip: get some silhouette shots. This is Honolulu, HI, our last night there. My favorite one is yet to come. I need to edit it for web...}

4 comments:

  1. While it was such a treat having you out here, welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like that trip was just what you needed! I am so glad! Logan is enthralled by the idea of pastrami cheese fries. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its been a few weeks and I've managed to hang on to the new part of me I found - the relaxed, happy one. I hope you can do the same! So great to see you that afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you got away and had a great time! You've got me craving shave ice and a nice nap

    ReplyDelete