Slider

Celebrate!

Saturday, June 12, 2010

It's nearly a month after the fact, but......

Photobucket

My handsome husband GRADUATED! And with honors, to boot!

On May 15th, be walked to get his Bachelor of Arts in French at UMSL. I was surprised at how emotional it was seeing him up there...I thought I'd just feel PROUD... But I also felt.... MOVED. AWED. And HAPPY for him.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And seriously--- is he not the best-lookin' grad?!
Photobucket

I LOVE these shots... And honestly, wanted to post them sooner... But three days after graduation we whisked off to Hawaii, and the rest has been madness since then. But here we are. A new phase for Joe, and something worthy of celebration.

Photobucket

Next up?

Who knows? We are awaiting news of a possible job here in STL. We WON'T be attending grad school this next year, so anything we can find to get through the next year until he can reapply is kind of our goal. And while that sounds stressful, let me honestly reassure everyone--- we are past the hard part of feeling scared and hopeless... we got through the stinging and bitter pain of rejection. It wasn't pretty. We were NOT very happy or faithful for a little while there... But.
There has been a palpable "passing through" and I have not felt this light, this free, this at peace about life in general for a long time. And now I do. I have faith again. It is all happening as it should. And while we are not headed to the things I thought we would be headed for, that doesn't mean we should forget to CELEBRATE the absolute HERE and NOW.

Celebrate one more year in STL.
Celebrate a happy, healthy family.
Celebrate the opportunities we forget to remember.

And mostly---Celebrate Joe's massive accomplishment in getting a college degree. That's a lot of work, baby. And you did it. IN ANOTHER LANGUAGE.

Love you, Joe. And you're hot.

Congrats!

10 comments:

  1. Way to go, handsome Joe! That is so wonderful that you have accomplished so much...and I love the qualifying comment: "And in another language!" Amazing, amazing, amazing. I wish you three all the peace in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah! Congrats to you both! gorgeous hair band too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Joe! You are awesome and I couldn't be happier for your whole family. You guys are cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, your hubby is a pretty awesome guy (I really appreciated the calls last night, from both of you :) Thanks for bringing him into the family. CONGRATS to both of you for making it to the big milestone - wish I coulda been there.

    Love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Quite an accomplishment. I am so happy that you feel at peace with being in STL another year, there is a plan, just wait, there are good things in store!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GO, JOE, GO!!! You both should be so proud of yourselves, that is such an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! A huge accomplishment for both of you Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love you both! Those shots are beautiful with the two of you. I am so glad the sting is over- we know that feeling and it isn't fun, but in the end we are firm believers that it does lead to the right place. I remember spending two years heart broken over a boy until Elder Eyring came to speak to our stake, in one night all the sting was taken away and that lightness you describe came in, reassuring that God had a plan for my happiness and we were on track with that plan (Glenn and i got together about two weeks later...). Such a tender mercy when that peace comes- I am elated to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw! Em!! I've been keeping up more and more again lately, just been a bad commenter. But this is so exciting!! Congrats to joe and your family! I know it's been a rough bit for you guys but you are always in my thoughts. Let's try and get nelle rounded up and have a day. Love u much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many congrats to you both! What an exciting time of accomplishment for Joe. Jason is almost done as well and I can feel the end coming soon. . .and I can hardly wait!

    I feel so much of what you've written about. . .lack of faith, faith coming, then letting my worries surface--I'm still in the thick of it sometimes. Jason's finishing and applying for jobs at the same time. I'm struggling but I know we aren't alone and that I have to believe and (as a good friend of mine reminded me) be creative with lifes transitions. I need to hold on to that thought and I know we'll be OK.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan