Slider

We Have a Winner!

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I know, I know-- I'm way overdue with this announcement. Labor Day was really packed, then the day after Labor Day was spent recovering and pulling my life back to order... So last night was the soonest I could cut up all the comments I had printed out earlier...fold each one... and then place the bundle in the nearest recepticle:

Yeah. That's a dinosaur puppet. Noah LOVES that thing. Not scared of it at ALL. What can I say? It was the handiest thing nearby!

So then, after cramming the dino-head full of potential winners, then I had to find an impartial assistant to help me draw a name. And since this was at 10:00 p.m., Noah was out. So I had to go pester Joe, fresh from a pre-night-shift nap:

And ....Christy! You're my winner!

Christy, email me at southerlandgirl at yahoo dot com with a mailing address, and that cute lil apron and a couple of my mom's classic recipes are on their way to your home!

thanks, everyone else, for celebrating my blog-a-versary with me. I'm in the middle of "slurping" the first two years of my blog into a coffee table book from Blurb.com. It's been pretty intense work, and a crazy journey down memory lane. So even if this lil' blog fades into oblivion in everyone else's minds, I'll have i preserved for me, gathering dust on one of my bookshelves. Fun!

Hope your weeks are flying by!

8 comments:

  1. joe, you failed me. where is the love???? emily, i have wanted to make a blurb book. let me know what you think, and if the cost is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TJ- I make them ALL the time... I LOVE them and the cost is SOO worth it! We have a Europe book from our trip, and I'm finishing up a maternity photo book... I make them for wedding albums for my clients... proof books for clients... Etc. Etc. They are WORTH IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christy is on a lucky streak! This is the second awesome drawing she's won in recent weeks! Christy, three words. Play. The. Lotto.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT? Are you kidding me? And no kidding to what Fern said, I just won something a few weeks ago. I better have my own giveway soon to give back to the universe!

    Hey, this is really swell of you and I know I'm going to love it, especially because aprons make you do things better. (so my friends say.) Thank-you so much!!!!! Yay!

    I'll send you my address soon, right after I go buy a lotto ticket.

    I heart your blog, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I guess I missed that one all together. It just goes to show, it pays to be on top of the blogging world (in addition to knowing you, of course). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great idea about using a blurb book to document your blog. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm totally jealous! I was feeling lucky. This was so awesome! And secretly what a great way to delurk the blurkers, right? You are so popular.
    That's all that matters!
    Love you and love my package in the mail. I'm posting about it later. I've already had a rock out cleaning session with the CD blaring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to see you! Maybe you could come check out my new room! I get out of class Wednesday around 5 and thursday at 3:30.
    p.s. thanks for reading. I knew you would know just the right thing to say. Sam is being horrible and immature. Saying things about me and trying to turn everyone against. I thought he was better than that. hmm..?

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan