Hey! I'm Emily... homebody, amateur philosopher, professional photographer, mama and wife. This is my little world-- a place for me to preserve the little snippets of my life that bring me joy, make me think, or show my creative leanings. I'm so happy you're here. If you get a minute, please introduce yourself in the comments. If you like what you see, you are invited to follow my blog through your RSS Reader. Just click the link at the bottom of the page to add me.
Thank you for being part of my little world... :)

{scroll down to see posts}


Me:

Me:

Monday, April 9

Why Am I Blue?


Why is it, after a lovely 4-day weekend, and when there is really only one and a half months left of the school year, that I feel melancholy and reluctant to go to school tomorrow?

Can't I buck up and make it the rest of the way?


I just feel... DONE. Like I don't have anything to offer tomorrow.

I think my sophomores will be starting a new short story. My juniors will be learning poetry terms. Whatever.

I just don't feel ready to go back, after a sunny, lovely day today, home, cleaning, puttering, lounging around with Joe, enjoying silence. But I know once I get there, I will be happy to see my fun kids, chat with my favorite co-workers, and plan a few fun things to come. It's just the night before, I guess. Reluctance to be an adult, controlled by outside forces.

So. To head into tomorrow.... I'll just list my five things I am grateful for today, so I can end the day on an upward swing.
1. The Gelateria on Washington...
Pastries and gelato this morning,
with a tall glass of skim milk. Delightful!


2. "Watership Down" by Richard Adams...
the bunny book. I LOVE the way he tells the story--
so gentle, so natural, but so compelling and
absorbing at the same time.
It's like Lord of the Rings, but with rabbits.


3. My sweet, silent, warm, brief, peaceful nap at 5pm today--
waiting for Joe to rise from his
pre-work slumber, worn out from my bike ride...
under Katie's yummy quilt that is my grown-up
security blanket... Only the sound of faint traffic in the distance,
and Henry chittering in his cage in the next room.


4. DONE EDITING THE WEDDING!!!
*Phew* that is a load off of my chest!


5. Stocking the larder:
a full pantry and fridge after a joint-grocery shopping trip.
Feels good to be supplied again.

so... Life is actually really lovely. So I am going to go to bed, concentrating on that.

6 comments:

  1. WHO is that group you have featured on your blog?! I can't stop listening to them. I LOVE it! I need it. HELP ME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the photo of Joe with the Easter Bunny. Did you see Blades Of Glory? Was it not hilarious? (sp?) Sorry english teacher :P Hope you have a good day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're planning to see Blades this Friday. Is it great?? I can't wait! I have to ditto Sheen, that music is totally addicting! Thanks for waking me up with a great great song.
    This evil slap back into winter has got us all frowning I think. What a cruel joke that warm blast was. I hear all the fruit blossoms have frozen off and that we will have no fruit this year at the farmers market. that's reason enough to be a bit bummed. Even Eirik hates it!
    Loves,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the pic of the daffadils. they are my favorite flower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you on the feeling a little blue. I totally felt that way this morning. Maybe it is because we may have to put our dog down...anyway - I like that you concentrated on the happy things in your life. Good example.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly how you felt the other day, and the worst part is, being a student, i can give into my weakness and stay home... lol I'm workin on that though, i swear... And ok i admit i am a frequent visitor of your blog...i only realized it when it was one of the first stops when i hit the computer tonight...lol cya tomorrow

    ReplyDelete