Slider

Project Time: Commence Baby Room Preparation!

Saturday, September 15, 2007

(click picture for a larger version)
And actually, my mother-in-law is going to be helping me with the sewing thing. She is much better at it, and has been feeling out-of-the baby loop since living in Korea, and since she is in town for the next two weeks, she has been gracious enough to offer her help!!

I am so excited!

It all began when this girl inspired me.... Amy Furstenau. I mean, can it get any cooler than HER bedding???? I saw her blog post about her mom making her bedding and the wheels in my own mind began turning. Why go with a more expensive, store-bought set when I could custom-design my own style of things?
With Amy's, I love the fancy, feminine, high-style look of her fabric combos. I pretty much covet them. But since I am having a boy, not a girl, I decided to go for more vintage-y fun. I found some amazing fabric by Moda and Michael Miller, among others, and found that the dot/stripe combo I have been looking to create was coming together in a red/green/yellow combo. (Originally, I was going to go for a turquoise/orange/green/yellow thing...)

Here is another crib set that inspired me a bit:


And this one, from Target:And here are the individual swatches of fabric we are using in my design combo atop this entry:

So we'll accessorize with rusty architectural stars,

Vintage toys,
and other cool accessories, including Dick and Jane details... (poster, fabric, etc.)


So... what do you think?

8 comments:

  1. Aaack I love it!! This is going to be so cute! Call me....peace out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is perfect. I love all your selections.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally cute! I can't wait to see it done. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! You are so creative and it all goes so well together. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's perfect! That's it. You are going to have to help me design my baby room when I get to that point in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Emily. Your taste makes me covet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:41 PM

    I wish I could be a part of the sewing team. It will all be so cute.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan