Slider

Mary and Vicki

Sunday, October 7, 2007





My mother-in-law Vicki was in town for two weeks, ending last week, and it was SO NICE to have her here. I know for some of you, it's hard to fathom having a truly close relationship with a mother-in-law, but I have been deeply blessed in the family I married into. Vicki is so kind, generous, thoughtful, giving, and welcoming. She lets me be me, and doesn't judge the way I spend my life with her son.
In addition to Vicki, I also get Mary in the bargain-- my sister-in-law. She and I are the same age, have many of the same interests, and were actually friends before Joe and I ever dated. That set a pretty darn good foundation for Mary's and my lasting friendship.
For the two weeks we all spent together, Vicki lovingly made my crib bedding (photos to come), took Mary and I to the Butterfly House (photos to come), made delicious Korean food (photos to come), spent lots of time with Joe and I talking baby stuff, and even went with us on our hospital tour when we went to see our future maternity ward.
Withdrawals have been rough... After I took Vicki to the airport last Saturday, I felt a bit glum, even though we'll see her again right after Noah is born. She will, in fact, get almost a whole month in St. Louis starting in mid-December. And she'll have Papa Joe with her that time. We really missed him this time around!
Anyway. I just wanted to post a thanks to my girls-in-law, and begin telling a few of our adventures. I have many more pictures of our time together for these two weeks, so look for more soon!

5 comments:

  1. To anyone reading this blog that hasn't met these two women, Emily is 100% right. They are loving and fun. Emily, I'm so glad you were able to spend some time with Joe's family. I can't wait to see your future posts with all your fun photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog.. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've only met mary, and that was a long time ago. i didn't realize how much joe looked like his mom. i always love your pictures emily...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE all the pictures! So wonderful! You did marry into an awesome family (we both did). :) I happen to be just as lucky with Vicki's sister for a mother-in-law! What great people they all are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the beautiful photos! That is so great that you are so close to your in-laws she seems so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan