Hey! I'm Emily... homebody, amateur philosopher, professional photographer, mama and wife. This is my little world-- a place for me to preserve the little snippets of my life that bring me joy, make me think, or show my creative leanings. I'm so happy you're here. If you get a minute, please introduce yourself in the comments. If you like what you see, you are invited to follow my blog through your RSS Reader. Just click the link at the bottom of the page to add me.
Thank you for being part of my little world... :)

{scroll down to see posts}


Me:

Me:

Wednesday, October 15

I Should Probably.....


I should probably be using this kid naptime to do one or two of the following:
  •  email some clients
  •  order some client photos
  •  fold the kid laundry
  •  tackle some frighteningly overdue MO state sales tax bookkeeping
  •  prep some dinner
  •  check the four voicemails on my phone from last Friday til now
  •  put away my clean clothes
  •  clear the Hootenanny photos off of my camera cards
  •  begin culling/editing the Hootenanny photos
  •  write a "hello" note to a couple of dear people and mail them
  •  edit some personal photos from either 2010 or 2013 (always behind)
  •  rotate out the living room toy baskets to give the kids some fresh fun
  •  mow a lawn
  •  mail some Jamberry stuff
  •  practice the banjo
  •  put the stroller back in the minivan
  •  put on a touch of makeup
  •  sort the mail pile

I should probably NOT:
  •  begin a new book, since I spent most of today reading the one I just finished
  •  putz around online
  •  think so hard about the things I am not accomplishing

Happy Wednesday, yo. Grey outside, and the grey threatens to seep inside when I think about all of the above. Not sure if avoidance tactics are the best move, or if I should really face down some of my attackers and try to win a battle or two.  The book-reading all day was so completely lovely, as was the pajama-wearing and kid-cuddling (when they stayed still enough to let me).... But at some point, I should probably make an attempt to push away from the inertia. I guess. 

How's your Wednesday going? Any of the above sound/feel familiar to you? Or is it just me?

{Both iPhone selfies are from the other week. Kinda perfect for how I feel today, tho.}
*

1 comment:

  1. Boy, I have been there - especially when we lived in Virginia. But, when I went back to college in '97, something changed and I have never been able to do that since. I kind of miss it....

    ReplyDelete