Hey! I'm Emily... homebody, amateur philosopher, professional photographer, mama and wife. This is my little world-- a place for me to preserve the little snippets of my life that bring me joy, make me think, or show my creative leanings. I'm so happy you're here. If you get a minute, please introduce yourself in the comments. If you like what you see, you are invited to follow my blog through your RSS Reader. Just click the link at the bottom of the page to add me.
Thank you for being part of my little world... :)

{scroll down to see posts}


Me:

Me:

Saturday, November 11

reviewing my not-so-little blessings this week:

1. Friends. Specifically, Katie Benson and Genny Dawson, for sending me love in the form of treats in the mail. These caramel apples were shipped in a refrigerated box all the way from utah from Katie... as a "cheer-up" surprise. They are so pretty, i haven't yet been able to eat one. maybe today.

2. Home. My little nest in the attic of the Masonic Lodge. It might not always be clean, or "magazine-perfect", but it is so warm and inviting and full of little treasures... It is a healing spot for me. This little spot is the "green-thumb-practice zone", where i attempt to keep plants alive and my parakeet fed.

3. My NEW CAMERA! This is my lovely lovely Canon digital SLR, which came in the mail this week after a three-month wait. I have been in HEAVEN, playing with it, practicing all it's tricks, and basically just trying to master the most basic functions. *SO* exciting!!!

sexy, too, eh?

4. Autumn in my neighborhood. Stunning, inspiring, ever-changing, bittersweet... Such a joy to be able to watch this yearly cycle and remember that everything eventually DOES renew itself... (even my poor, beat-up little body).

It's time for y'all to read Education of Little Tree again... if it's been awhile.
If you have NEVER read it, you must.

all in all, i have too many blessings to be in a funk for long.
thank you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment