Hey! I'm Emily... homebody, amateur philosopher, professional photographer, mama and wife. This is my little world-- a place for me to preserve the little snippets of my life that bring me joy, make me think, or show my creative leanings. I'm so happy you're here. If you get a minute, please introduce yourself in the comments. If you like what you see, you are invited to follow my blog through your RSS Reader. Just click the link at the bottom of the page to add me.
Thank you for being part of my little world... :)

{scroll down to see posts}


Me:

Me:

Monday, October 12

Music Monday: 10 Songs


Tonight, just a fun list (10 out of 25...saving the other half for another post) from some journal prompts I saw on Pinterest, here. Please feel free to jot down your own answers to these, either in the comments or on Facebook. I'd love to read your answers! 

And hey-- if you need some tunes in your day, I've included YouTube links to almost all the songs I mention here. Fun!

1. A song from your childhood:
Come, Little Leaves, a children's song. My mom used to sing this to us, and I've sung it to my own kiddos since Noah was little. I've looked for it on YouTube, and the version I grew up with doesn't seem to be the common one... But I love it best. 

2. A song that reminds you of your most recent ex-boyfriend/girlfriend:
Ha! Most recent ex was... 15 years ago? Fair enough. Pink Floyd songs

3. A song that reminds you of one of your parents:
James Taylor's "Copperline" reminds me of my dad. He got the CD when I was in high school and I loved it then... And then he put it as the first song on a mix tape he gave me while I was in college. That whole tape was so good... 

4. A song that calms you down:
"Pie Jesu", by John Rutter. Part of his Requiem. 

5. A song that often gets stuck in your head:
Not many do these days, thank goodness! But this season (and most every fall), I keep singing Eva Cassidy's "Autumn Leaves". My lord that woman could sing. The subtlety of her interpretation of this song is exquisite. She was taken too soon.

6. A song that reminds you of a best friend:
 Tori Amos' "Tear in Your Hand" reminds me of my college BFF Maggie Enns Cochran. 

7. A song that reminds you of the past summer:
Katy Perry's "Roar"... Quinn even picked up some of the words, we listened to it so much! 

8. A song that reminds you of your first love:
The Stone Roses, "I Wanna Be Adored"

9. A song that makes you hopeful:
Mat Kearney's "Hey Mama"

10. A song by your favorite band:
"Paper Airplane" by Alison Krauss and Union Station

Part Two to come. Happy new week to everyone! 

*
(Photo: little baby me, around 1978)

2 comments:

  1. 1. A song from your childhood:
    “If I Had a Hammer”. My parents had a Peter, Paul and Mary tape we'd listed to in the car. Also a Neil Diamond one.

    2. A song that reminds you of your most recent ex-boyfriend/girlfriend:
    “Don't Take the Girl” by Tim McGraw. My "most recent ex" was in 1998.

    3. A song that reminds you of one of your parents:
    2 for this one. Hey Jude...because my dad would sing it growing up and 100 Years by Five for Fighting as it is one of his current favorites.

    4. A song that calms you down:
    “Photograph” by Ed Sheeran

    5. A song that often gets stuck in your head:
    The version of Thinking Out Loud dung by Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye. How's that for random?

    6. A song that reminds you of a best friend:
    "Everything I Do" by Bryan Adams because we were obsessed with Robin Hood in Jr High and High School.

    7. A song that reminds you of the past summer:
    "Only Human" by Christina Perri as Josh would sing it in the car.
    8. A song that reminds you of your first love:
    “A Whole New World” from Aladdin because we saw it at a drive-in….
    9. A song that makes you hopeful:
    “Thousand Years” by Christina Perri.
    10. A song by your favorite band:
    “Daylight” by Maroon 5.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo of you was taken in La Habra at grandparents house. It was when Juli got married

    ReplyDelete