Slider

CRAB.

Monday, September 19, 2022

 I don't have photos for you. I thought about trying to upload some for a tiny second, then I thought about maybe going and TAKING a few, and then I just.... closed the photo window and cam back here. Sorry. No photos. I just can't even. 

This whole last week has been a MASSIVE 

CAN'T EVEN. 

I tested positive for Covid last Tuesday. So awesome. I'd had a raspy voice the day before, and I'd gotten an email for my choir warning that there had been several reported positive cases from our practice the week prior, so the combo of those two clues led me to test, just in case. And even though I really didn't expect it to actually be Covid, it was.

It's not my first go-round. After successfully avoiding the damned thing for all of 2020 and 2021, our whole family got it in January this year. It ended up being pretty perfectly timed-- it happened AFTER my trip to NYC and BEFORE our trip to Hawaii, so neither trip had to be cancelled. And the Covid we all got was verrrry mild. More of a nuisance than anything. 

So this time around, I kind of knew what to expect, and the only upside to this past week's bout of Covid was that it was as mild as last time. I lost my voice, but didn't have a sore throat. I had a headache but no fever. I sometimes sneezed, and sometimes had a drippy nose, but no real congestion. And here at the end of it, I have a tiny, annoying, occasional dry cough. Nothing major. Nothing debilitating. I'm not even profoundly fatigued like many had reported feeling at the end of their round of Covid. So ultimately, the issue with this whole past week has been the DISRUPTION of life. The worrying about who else was going to get it in my family (spoiler: NO ONE ELSE HAS GOTTEN IT. Whaaa??). And the waiting til I was cleared to get back to life again. 

 Don't get me wrong-- it was pretty nice to clock out of most of the adulting I normally have to do, and the self-inflicted to-do list always running in my head. I loved getting to take random naps just because. I loved having an excuse to let my kids just buy their lunches all week instead of making lunches at home. It felt great to just.... STOP. Stop lots of things.

But also... there was a steady undercurrent of CRABBINESS the entire week. I actually was already feeling irritable the day before I got the positive test. Getting that Covid diagnosis just gave my crabbiness an excuse to stick around. And here we are, a full week later, and I'm still just.....

Annoyed. 

At things. At people. At myself. At piles of stuff. At the STUPID INCREASE IN TEMPERATURE back to the 90's this week (gosh I HATE being hot.). At anything anyone requests of me. At my hair. At dishes and crumbs. At my bra. 

I think the scowl on my face is fossilizing into something permanent. 

Last night as I took a stupid walk in the stupid humidity after the sun went down, I thought to check my period tracking app, and sure enough--- I'm 7 days out from my next period. So I guess some of this is PMS. But I think it's a combo of all of it: being sick. Being inconvenienced, restless, and worried from being sick. And now being hormonal and MUGGY HOT on top of it all. 

So yeah. I can't even. 

Hopefully I'm nearing the end of this crabfest..... Because it is not my natural state of being and I'm worn out from it. 


Okay bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan